2 Corinthians 3:17(AMP)
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”
It does not matter if the enemy is present. Renew your mind!
There was a day when Liberty looked like the absence and the annihilation of the enemy. This is NOT that day!
Psalm 23:4-5 (AMP)
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the
shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
This is the day that He is with us – so much so that we are now One!
When you know the truth, ‘the presence of our enemies’ is not a fearful place.
Renew your mind! We must see the table as the King has prepared. Our enemies are there as a visual declaration and affirmation of the truth. The image is best presented by another warrior who knew his King:
Joshua 10:23-25 (AMP)
23 They brought the five kings out of the cave to him--the kings of Jerusalem, Hebron, Jarmuth, Lachish, and Eglon. 24 When they brought out those kings to Joshua, [he] called for all the Israelites and told the commanders of the men of war who went with him, Come, put your feet on the necks of these kings. And they came and put their feet on the [kings’] necks. 25 Joshua said to them, Fear not nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage. For thus shall the Lord do to all your enemies against whom you fight.
The truth is: since the King is in you - if you fight as a king, you will win!
According to Joshua chapter 12, the warrior fought 31 Kings. These first five kings
made an alliance to fight the people of God. Let’s see who these kings are:
1. Adoni-zedek, king of Jerusalem – his name means “my lord is righteous.” A lord is one who rules or is master over, so this false wants to rule over our position of
righteousness. He is king of Jerusalem which means “possession of peace” or
“teaching of peace.” This king is after our peace and seeks to instill worry and fear.
When another inhabits our righteousness in the place of peace, we must take our rightful place.
2. Hoham, king of Hebron – his name means “whom Jehovah drives.” As a lord over the people, Hoham drives people. He is the king of Hebron which
means “association.” This spirit will try to bring you into lifeless-relationships. In
other words, this false lord drives people to perform and work for relationship,
to seek to earn what they already possess. This lord supports an atmosphere of
religion and legalism. This driving force will pressure people to themselves
better by behavior modification rather than entering the rest that is available
in our vital union.
3. Piram, king of Jarmuth – his name means “like a wild ass,” which represents
stubbornness and self-centeredness. He is the king of Jarmuth means “heights,” which represents the place we are called to live from. We need to take our high place with the King and rule under His Lordship, submitted to Him and His ways. This spirit wants to make you wild or unbridled and keep you from the place God would have you to be.
4. Japhia, king of Lachish – his name means shining. He is the king of Lachish means “invincible.” This spirit will cause you to not to know your identity, you are the ‘light of the world’ and ‘you can do all things through Him’! We must fight to remember who we are. We must fight to be the new creations as He is, so are we now.
5. Debir, king of Eglon – his name means speaker and sanctuary. He is the king of Eglon which means a bullock or bull-like. This spirit will try to get you to speak against those in the sanctuary, and to use your authority filled voice to diminish the power of the ecclesia. The ecclesia that Jesus builds will not be stopped and will all dominion in the gates. We must bring the fight to the gates and displace all that have wrongly seated themselves.
In Him, we are more than conquerors. Joshua experienced many benefits in defeating the kings. In the book of Revelation, there are many promises that the overcomer will receive. This one focus on kings:
Revelation 3:21 (AMP)
He who overcomes, I will grant him to sit beside Me on My throne, as I Myself overcame and sat down beside My Father on His throne.
if you fight as a king, you will overcome!